Friday, October 21, 2011

Angst Initiate: American Horror Story's Tate Langdon

Normal people scare him. Luckily, there seems to be zero normal in his life (or un-life?) Cryptic spoilers to follow. 

Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story Season One Evan Peters as Tate Langdon AHS
American Horror Story is a little more hard core than the usual angst fare. It's actually a little frightening and there is virtually no romance. Don't expect sparkly scenes of glittering dewdrops here. AHS is all about blood, sex, and obsession. And rubber. And monsters.

Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story Season One Evan Peters as Tate Langdon AHS
Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story Season One Evan Peters as Tate Langdon AHS
The character of Tate is a much scarier than your typical teenage bad-boy. We're talking fantasizes about shooting up a school, summons evil infant-mosnters, axes girls in the stomach scary. In terms of intriguing characters, he's actually number two on this show. But Jessica Lange just doesn't quite feel at home here at The Angst Report.

Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story Season One Evan Peters as Tate Langdon AHS
Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story Season One Evan Peters as Tate Langdon AHS
He also might be dead. My theory is he died in the 90s what with his Seattle grunge sweaters and desire to listen to Kurt Cobain on Violet's ipod which he refers to as "that thing."

Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story Season One Evan Peters as Tate Langdon AHS
Regardless - Evan Peters is great at the scared-of-rejection look and he wears shadows very well. They know what they're doing. Giving Violet instructions about suicide? Comparing self imposed scars? Yeah. They stamped ANGST on this boy's forehead in the pilot. Questionable appropriateness aside, I'm all about Tate and discovering his creep-tastic backstory.

Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story Season One Evan Peters as Tate Langdon AHS

16 comments:

  1. this boy makes me so fucking horny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love him so much since when i saw him in law and order and criminal minds he is mine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one question,does anyone know what is the name of the font used Tate's shirt? I want to make a shirt like that! (sorry for my english, I am from Spain! I like your blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. he es craizy... but this make me horny ;) I love Evan Peters, is really hot and a very good actor! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn`t mind if a had a ghost like him in my house...soooo fucking hot..I want to marry a ghost like him..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. sexy with a capital S. ;D I love Tate. He makes my wednesdays special....;) He's the reason I watch AHS. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knooow! he is so hot! I totally love the way he looks like crazy and bad, also on his own way tries to protect Violet.. awwnn I love him so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my God!! He is really HOT, I love Tate x)
    Evan Peters is awesome and eally sexy ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Out of all the "love stories" i've seen throught my life on film and on tv shows.. this one impacted me the most. Seemed the most real. Actually gave me hope that someday I'll have what they have (without all the killing and being dead part)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm reading the comments and I'm just thinking "Thank god! I'm not the only one who finds him sexy, maybe there's nothing wrong with me after all..."

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does anyone know where to get Tate's trench coat from. I've looked nearly everywhere and can't find it. I love his coat and would love to have it. And yea, he's very sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For all those wondering, his coat is simple, its a just a civil war union soldiers frock coat. Your welcome :) The reason it was black and the style of the garment cut indicates it was a reconstruction specifically for his character. I have a coat very similar to this which I made myself.

    --8 years of historic costuming

    ReplyDelete
  13. Evan is so caring! I cut myself too, and every word he said to Violet in that bathroom seems like he's telling to me. It's so weird... I love him

    ReplyDelete