Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Little Psycho: Tate Langdon on American Horror Story

As much as I don't care for Ben, Tate's scenes as a patient are some of my favorites. 



Even though it's completely unethical, I love that Ben asked Tate to report on Violet if anything serious goes down. It actually made me like Ben as a human being a tiny bit more. Assuming Violet is still alive, I believe Tate actually would tell Dr. Harmon if he was worried enough about her. Really, even if she's already dead, (a theory which is gaining more and more steam!) Tate probably doesn't know or get it. So he might rat her out anyway.


Then, Tate and Constance. My new theory with them is that Tate's dad (or Constance's boyfriend after his dad left...) was horribly abusive and Constance didn't protect him. It's a fairly straightforward theory, but given Tate's declaration that he wishes Ben had been his father and his obvious anger at Constance, it seems plausible. I don't get the impression that Constance is the right flavor of evil to have physically abused her kids herself. She's more a mental torture sort of woman. And I can believe she'd be overly loyal to her man.

Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story
Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story
Also, I love that he flinched when she went to touch his face. Flinching is SO angsty.

Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story
Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story
Evan Peters can definitely turn on the scary-creepy FAST. He looked like he was about to head-butt Constance to death. I'm looking forward to more Tate family history - which apparently we'll be getting in the coming weeks!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to find out more about Tate's home life. I admit with no context I just felt really bad for Constance in those scenes. But yes, I agree with you, I imagine it has something to do with Tate's father/her boyfriends, as she was pretty callous in dealing with Addie when it came to that gigolo chocolate chips dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a theory. I think that Tate has a twin brother who was that carried out the slaughter in school, then they came to the house did not kill the bad brother if not Tate. The bad brother was probably killed in revenge after by Constance. And the bad brother is using the rubber suit. So Vivien now pregnant with twins. So basically Tate will have a diabolical nephew. what do you think about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...Do you think it was a secret twin? Because otherwise - the kids at school would know. EVERYONE would know, and they'd need to figure out which of them did it before they went blazing into the house.

    Also - why would Tate go for the gun when SWAT showed up if he were innocent? Why wouldn't he just say that it wasn't him? They wouldn't have shot him if he didn't reach for the gun. So clearly, Tate wanted to die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG WEDNESDAY IS TOO FAR OFF... I love this show so much...why, how is it so obsessive and addictive?? Wish some psychologists were commenting!!!! IT's like a drug...or chocolate ...or anythiing really delcious and addictive...mmmmmmm...more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's only Sunday... Suffering from severe Tate withdrawal...
    From some cool vids on You Tube to keep me ticking over, can't believe how obsessed I've got! I get so anxious waiting for the next episode.
    I hope Tate is in Season 2, I don't think I could carry on watching AHS if he wasn't in it. It's been a long time since a character his gripped me like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, you meet this guy. You meet him because he's a patient of your dads, who is a shrink. He's been kicked out of high school and your dad tells you to stay away from him. Couple of red flags there. He's kind of always in your house, and seems to be able to summon demons in the basement. But wait, it gets worse. You find out that he actually shot up his high school, brutally murdering several classmates. Man, you should really dump this guy. But wait, it gets worse. You discover that he's actually dead, and you're really dating his ghost. but wait! he looks like THAT (see above). All is redeemed!

    ReplyDelete