Thursday, November 3, 2011

What Else? Tate Tate and More Tate

So American Horror Story. Pretty stellar huh? (Spoilers to follow)

Tate Langdon I'm the king of the world...oh wait. I was dead before that reference existed. Evan Peters
So Tate's a ghost, he shot up his school, and Constance is his mom. It's funny how much of that was already out there in the ether before last night's epsiode. None of that shocked me.

Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story Season One Tate Langdon Evan Peters cries
Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story Season One Tate Langdon Evan Peters cries
What did surprise me was the whole Tate doesn't get it thing. Really?! How does that work? He must know he can't leave the house. He knows about the stuff in the basement. What does he think is going on if he doesn't remember killing those kids? Because I believed him when he said he didn't know them. He was pretty distraught about the whole thing.

Evan Peters as Tate Langon AHS Tate being pretty distraught about the whole thing Evan Peters as Tate Langon AHS
Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story Season One Tate Langdon Evan Peters cries
In a storytelling sense, I appreciate that there's somewhere for his character to go. I can see how it would be easy for ghost characters to be totally stagnant. This way, he's got something about himself to learn. Something to deal with. I hope his dealing with it doesn't make him "move on." I plan to hold this show to its killed-on-the-premises = trapped-forever rule. Sorry Evan Peters. You're stuck working on American Horror Story for eternity. Mmwaa haa haa. 

3 comments:

  1. Is it wrong to find him unbelievably sexy when he's all teary eyed? He does it so well, not whether I'd feel the need to kiss him or just give him a big there-there cuddle! Fantastic acting by Evan Peters, you really feel for Tate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that should read 'not SURE whether I'd feel the need...'

    ReplyDelete