Monday, December 19, 2011

American Horror Story: Coke Monster

It's the final week of American Horror Story and to celebrate, it's going to be a whole week of Tate posts. Mostly because I have a lot of pictures I haven't posted yet. Let's begin by discussing how Tate checked off yet another angst box two weeks ago: illegal substance abuse. 

Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story episode Smoldering Children
Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story episode Smoldering Children
Oh, drug abuse. It's one of the least realistic things television does. There are SO many attractive addicts in TV land. Guys with great skin, clean hair, and perfect teeth who tremble a bit and sometimes cry. And that = addiction. I'm not complaining, mind you. I prefer my addicts to be of the unrealistic and fictitious variety rather than the much sadder, less pleasant version one gets in reality.

Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story assembles gun episode Smoldering Children
Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story snorts coke episode Smoldering Children
So Tate's pre-murder ritual involves snorting a bunch of coke, putting on his shooter-chic wardrobe (coming to a runway in Paris next fall), and assembling all his weapons. And homeboy has a LOT of weapons. More than he probably needs.

Evan Peters as Tate Langdon on American Horror Story snorts coke episode Smoldering Children
At this point, I'm starting to assume we've learned all we're going to about his backstory. He was a kid whose mom put a lot of pressure on him to be perfect and he got seriously screwed up from a combination of living in a haunted house and doing a lot of drugs. Okay. I was sort of hoping for something more specific and/or horrible. Maybe if miracle of miracle happens and we get to keep all our season one characters next year, we'll learn more. But I think for now, we can close the book on Tate's living life.

1 comment:

  1. I am not cool with that. Closing the book on Tate's living life. Yes, he is effed up because of his Mom murdering his brother Beau, yes all the pressure to be perfect and bright while being a dark dude under the influence of The House, yes the coke and the meth, and usually, you are right anyway, so I will just have to suck it up when Wednesday comes. But I am not going to go into this dark night without some serious POUTING. I LOVE TATE. I feel like just throwing a tantrum (Tate-rum? Taint-rum?)
    A couple of things here. None of them about our favorite Angst-Ridden-Love-Struck-Homicidal-Ghost-Lovah, so I apologize. Where is Constance's FOURTH child? Major Gap (don't let me down Ryan Murphy. 'Splain please.) Another one, this time with Don't-Put-the-Blame-On-Mame Marci (Realtor): She sent the "fluffer", who was *never accounted for*, outside of Chad. She never inquired either. Then she tells Viv not to give birth in the house,"that's the *last* thing you want to do". So we have another candidate for the G.C. (Ghost-Corps). I am not going to mention the missing dog (see what i did there?) I want this stuff tied up, like a neat little package. I love AHS, as you gather I am sure, but...and also? I want more ...you guessed it - *T*(I don't even want to say his name I am so frustrated ;-) lol I need to get out more, I know. Or maybe just watch all the eps again! ...No! Must... resist the pull of the *evil* )And of course, I want Violate to be back ON. *Forever*. and BTW, if they move to NY, they won't have the Evil of the House Itself to use for the story-line, so they will need Mr. T. to bring it East. Sorry for the novel!!! Here is an article for you too, not sure if you saw it... until next time!! Only 2 more days!! http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/12/08/american-horror-story-ryan-murphy-smoldering-children/

    ReplyDelete