Wednesday, December 21, 2011

American Horror Story: Pre-Finale Jitters

The time has come. It's finally American Horror Story finale day. In a few brief hours, we'll (hopefully) have an idea of what second season might bring. 

 Evan Peters as Tate Langdon American Horror Story Season 1 Please. Season two? Evan Peters as Tate Langdon American Horror Story Season 1
More than anything, I found last week's episode, Birth, depressing.  Although - Tate not understanding youtube was pretty adorable.

I bet you don't know who the Kardashians are either, do you?
Violet Evan Peters as Tate Langdon American Horror Story Season 1 Lucky you. Evan Peters as Tate Langdon American Horror Story Season 1 Violet
I'm absolutely dying to know how things are going to be left. If Tate and Violet really are going to spend eternity in that house together, there's no way she'd be able to keep her distance indefinitely. Also, I find it a little off putting that we're supposed to be somehow comforted by the fact that Violet gets to be with Vivien. I'm sorry, I love my mom, but an eternity trapped in a house with her? ETERNITY?

Evan Peters as Tate Langdon American Horror Story Season 1 Birth Evan Peters Tate Langdon AHS Season on AHS Tate Langdon American Horror Story
Evan Peters as Tate Langdon American Horror Story Season 1 Birth Evan Peters Tate Langdon AHS Season on AHS Tate Langdon American Horror Story
Evan Peters as Tate Langdon American Horror Story Season 1 Birth Evan Peters Tate Langdon AHS Season on AHS Tate Langdon American Horror Story
Man, I love Tate. Have I mentioned that lately? I don't like to see him and Violet fight, but I do like to see him be evil and twisted. How creepy was it that he was propositioning Patrick to get his ring? And propositioning him while using some not-so-subtle hand gestures on a phallic piece of baby crib. 

AHS Tate Langdon Gets Beat Is that a baby bottle in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me? AHS Tate Langdon Gets Beat
And can ghosts feel pain? Patrick sort of implied they could. They can bleed - which is weird. Do they shower? Do they sweat? I mean, it all makes very little sense. And where do their clothes come from? This is the second time we've seen Tate wear this little ensemble.

The first rule of American Horror Story is we do NOT talk about American Horror Story
Evan Peters as Tate Langdon American Horror Story Season 1 Birth Evan Peters Tate Langdon AHS Season on AHS Tate Langdon American Horror Story
Finally, the crushing scene to end all crushing scenes. Violet knows the truth about Tate and her mom. And the only way to punish Tate is to withhold herself. That sucks.

This whole house really sucks. I try to think of it as campy fun, but when I really think about, I just feel bad for everyone. These kids who get no life, who don't get to grow up. Ghosts whose entire families have died off without them. They touch on this a bit with Violet's comments about technology moving beyond them - and yes. That would happen. Like Tate calling her iPod "that thing" in the pilot.

At least they get Halloween, though. Right?

Evan Peters Tate Langdon Taissa Farmiaga Violet American Horror Story Season 1 Birth Violate Tate Violet Evan Peters AHS Season on AHS Tate Langdon 
Evan Peters Tate Langdon Taissa Farmiaga Violet American Horror Story Season 1 Birth Violate Tate Violet Evan Peters AHS Season on AHS Tate Langdon 
Evan Peters Tate Langdon Taissa Farmiaga Violet American Horror Story Season 1 Birth Violate Tate Violet Evan Peters cries AHS Season on AHS Tate 
I don't know what's going to happen tonight. Like I've said twenty-five times already, I really want Evan Peters to be in season two. I'd also like to just stay with this house and these rules and these characters. But... we'll see. Enjoy tonight, kats and kittens. Who knows if we'll ever have this AHS fun again. Twas good while it lasted.

3 comments:

  1. I really want Tate to be in season two as well. But I don't want it to feel like pandering to a bunch of fangirls (of which I am, I confess).

    Everytime I think of a theory I immediately dismiss it because I was able to think of it, if you know what I mean? Argh.

    I am going away to hibernate now, for I will not be watching the finale until Thursday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I'm with you. I'd love to see Evan back for season two but I feel like they'll change it all up. Tho I was thinking they might make s2 about the baby like The Omen. And who better to play him than baby daddy Tate which could be a possibility since we know the baby has an advanced growth rate. I'll be sad to say bye to these characters (well not Ben). And I wish there would be more to Tate And Violet, but after reading an ew interview with Murphy he basically stated last week when she said go away that was the end. Ah well. We'll always have Halloween...

    But I mean c'mon, like you say, if they're stuck there forever, how they gonna stay away from each other? I hope we get some hint of closure Bout their eternity tonight. An angsty gem I picked up was when Vi said they wouldn't have kids. I guess girl angst runs a little different than boy angst.

    Also, how is the show gonna drop Constance? She got them another GG nom and prob will get an Emmy nod as well. So we'll see. So excited (and also afraid) to see the end tonite!

    Btw great writing on the other two Tate posts. I love your blog (as I've said before). It's super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaaa-aaaaaaaaah-ahhhhhhhhh! Why???!
    Wasn't the breakup scene utter torture? Someone mentioned the little sound he makes when she says she loves him...it MURDERS my heart!!!! SIGH
    Okay.
    I am looking forward to tomorrow (no cable and for some reason Amazon doesn't allow me to buy it til tomorrow). Ryan Murphy said that tonight's ep is the most shocking one to date, and that every time he edits one scene in particular, he can't do it without covering his eyes. THAT part, I am NOT looking forward to.
    Now, Tate. Tate, Tate, Tate. I am so very looking forward to seeing Our Boy. Smoldering Children broke my heart in several ways, the tears, they were a-flowin', but ...I am waiting to see what happens tonight with angsty-urgency. Murphy also said season 2 is very set-up in this ep, so we will know for sure a direction it's taking. Is it my last chance to Cross My Fingers, and Shout (through commenting -whistling in the wind, i hope not)"KEEP TATE IN SEASON 2!!! WE LOVE TATE & VI TOGETHER SO PLEASE MAKE THAT HAPPEN!!! FOR ALWAYS!! :-)
    May the Gods of This and Other Awesome Stuff Happening MAKE IT SO!!!!!" Please oh please oh please :-) I am not ready to say a final Bye-bye to Tate. Only one set of fingers crossed per person!! Cause we may as well do it right! SIgh. Blessed be. I feel like we are at the top of the first hill on a BIG roller coaster!

    ReplyDelete