Friday, January 13, 2012

The Vampire Diaries: Here Some Angst There Some Angst Everywhere Some Angst Angst

Everyone was feeling angsty last night. It was fantastic.
Ian Somerhalder as Damon I carry your heart... on The Vampire Diaries
Damon might have actually had the least angsty night. He was all smiles and sunshine after his bold kiss with Elena. It was pretty adorbs.

Steven R. McQueen as Jeremy Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh on The Vampire Diaries
Jeremy went gentle into that good night. Luckily for SRM, there's an indistinguishable line between "acting" compelled and simply looking dense as a door. I used to like him and I want to like him again, but he's so...passionless. Maybe a rewatch of Everwood is in order. Granted he was only seventeen at the time. Perhaps he lost his talent when he hit drinking age.

Michael Trevino as Tyler I love you so much. I promise to try to stop myself from killing you. The Vampire Diaries
Tyler finally realized he was all-the-way brainwashed. It was pretty sexy. Powerless to stop himself from mortally wounding the person he loves most. Yeah. I can get behind that.

Paul Wesley as Stefan I vant you to suck my blood The Vampire Diaries
Crazy Stefan is fun. Evil one minute, emo the next. He thinks he's lost Elena forever. Aww. At least his threaten-her-to-make-Klaus-do-his-bidding plan worked like a charm. Klaus totally punked out.

Joseph Morgan as Klaus on The Vampire Diaries
But then Klaus rescued Caroline (who only needed rescuing because of him) after delivering his own uber-angsty speech about his musings on suicide. Honestly though - he doesn't do anything for me. He's a bit too soft and squishy.

Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev as Damon and Elena on The Vampire Diaries Delena
So. To sum up. Stefan got the old hybrids out of town. Klaus saved Caroline and got The Man on his side. Jeremy moved to Denver. Elena moped around. And Alaric started falling for a potentially murderous doctor chick who should be off waiting to have Nikko Zond's baby. (Veritas: The Quest? Anyone? Anyone?)

This show wins the week again. By a wide margin. It might be time for me to branch out into shows not currently airing new episodes. With everything other than TVD, my angst tank is running on fumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment