Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pretty Little Liars: Ezra and Aria

I don't have a ton of love for the Ezra/Aria relationship. I find them both fairly boring. It's not entirely their fault. I think it's more a symptom of avoiding the appearance of a predatory relationship. Ezra can't be too bold, Aria can't really ever appear immature. (In fact - I may have liked her best this past week when playing air-hocky with Holden.) For the most part, this leaves them both down-the-middle dull.

I also have a problem with Aria never saying to her parents, "Yo. I graduate in about five minutes. I can wait the final millisecond of my pre-collegiate life before I resume relations with Ezra." Done. Problem solved. 

So mostly I don't care. However, due to their crazy-boring characters, the writers seem to save the most romantic scenarios for them. I'll admit, despite my blah feelings about Ez and Ar, I really enjoyed their two weeks ago kiss in the rain. 

Ian Harding as Ezra Fitz and Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery kissing in the rain on Pretty Little Liars 
Ezra and Aria kiss in the rain on Pretty Little Liars
It was grand. It was wet. It caused a major traffic jam and the camera went swirly swirly swirl. I thought "aww." And that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment