Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Vampire Diaries: Klaus and Caroline

I'm kind of into Klaus now that he's be de-fanged a bit.

Joseph Morgan as Klaus on The Vampire Diaries  Klaus and Caroline
The thing I didn't really love about Klaus before was that his villain was all villain and no person. Which is fine for a villain, especially on a show where we already have a lot of villain/persons. Plus, he's not my particular brand of hot. But lately, since him and Caroline have been interacting, and now that his mom is back, they've upped his personhood and therefore his angst.

Joseph Morgan as Klaus on The Vampire Diaries  Klaus and Caroline
Last week's return to The Original family house had Klaus acting like a petulant fifteen year old. "Mom! Rebekah's trying to ruin my life!" That's just barely an exaggeration of what he actually said. I love it!

Joseph Morgan as Klaus on The Vampire Diaries  Klaus and Caroline
With his mom and siblings around, they've been able to emphasize his fear of being alone and shed some light on his self loathing. His family knows that leaving him behind is pretty much the best and only punishment they can inflict upon him. So what does he do? He goes looking for a new person to have. A girl!

Joseph Morgan as Klaus and Candice Accola as Caroline on The Vampire Diaries Klaus and Caroline dancing
It's fun when you throw a girl in the mix because maybe she'll love him without being forced into it therefore proving that he's worthy of love. It's a fun angst issue. I mean, come on. Caroline said, "Your father didn't love you so you assume that no one else will either." Yeah. Awesome. Also, I think Candice Accola is probably the best actress on the show and Caroline therefore the best female character. I buy her strength in a way I don't really with Elena. And Bonnie is almost as bad as Cassie over in Chance Harbor. What is it with witches, man?

Joseph Morgan as Klaus on The Vampire Diaries  Klaus and Caroline
But I digress. I like Klaus and Caroline as a couple because she's not afraid of him. And if he truly likes her in some way - and I suspect he does after the truth bombs she dropped - it'll be fun to have him care about someone other than himself. When you care about someone else, you act in chivalrous and self-sacrificing ways. And that's always cause for a good time.

Joseph Morgan as Klaus and Candice Accola as Caroline on The Vampire Diaries Klaus and Caroline
So his horsey drawing was totally lame. So what? If Jack Dawson can use the I'm-an-artist-so-I-must-be-sensitve-thing, then so can ancient vampires. Even if the drawing did sort of look like a page out of a coloring book. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these two tonight!

1 comment:

  1. i just love klaus and caroline...wish to see them as a couple very soon on the show..two share great chemistry...

    ReplyDelete