Saturday, February 25, 2012

X-Files Saturday: I Mean, Really. His Name Is Fox.

Happy Weekend, all! Today we're starting a new Saturday series all about the angst of The X-Files. These posts will be written by my dear buddy River Sanzu. If you love angst, and you love aliens, and you love men named Fox, this is place to be Saturday mornings!

Ah, The X-Files. They were great, weren't they? Full of supernatural and unexplained phenomenon, and oh the angst. It was 1993 when we were first introduced to the angst-ridden sexy FBI agent Fox Mulder. Oh yeah, and that chick Dana Scully who followed him around.

Aliens and government conspiracies can create a certain amount of angst. The other thing is indeed that aforementioned Dana Scully. It was their relationship that propelled the series--sometimes I forget there were aliens at all.

David Duchovny as Fox Mulder on The X-Files
What was he even looking at? Her sweet sweet ass? Probably, but no. He was looking at mosquito bites that Scully thought were marks from a UFO. By candlelight, because it was 1993 and that's how things are done in the early 90s.

David Duchovny as Fox Mulder on The X-Files
I believe it was her terrible hair that kept them apart in the beginning. And their extreme professionalism, of course.

David Duchovny as Fox Mulder and Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully on The X-Files
Of course, that doesn't stop the professional smoldering angsty stares.

David Duchovny as Fox Mulder and Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully on The X-Files
David Duchovny as Fox Mulder and Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully on The X-Files
David Duchovny as Fox Mulder and Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully on The X-Files
David Duchovny as Fox Mulder and Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully on The X-Files
And then sometimes they're stuck in a back-lit warehouse basement.

David Duchovny as Fox Mulder and Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully on The X-Files
David Duchovny as Fox Mulder and Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully on The X-Files
The X-Files makes me swoon. As we all know, Mulder loves Scully and Scully loves Mulder. I'm going to spend Saturdays with you and The Angst Report reminiscing about it; through the conspiracy episodes and the monster-of-the-week episodes, their relationship held the entire thing together.

SPOILER ALERT: Sometimes Mulder didn't wear a shirt.

David Duchovny as Fox Mulder shirtless on The X-Files

1 comment:

  1. LOVE. I was all about X-files, I think I still have a Duchovny poster somewhere. He was leaning against a fence looking all swoon-y. I remember for my 15th birthday my mom got me a cake with his face airbrushed on. My tween boyfriend was no amused. Love this new series! The Angst is out there! Wooo

    ReplyDelete