Tuesday, July 31, 2012

True Blood: Things Come Together

I'm not sure the internet totally agrees with me - but I quite enjoyed Sunday night's True Blood. First of all, I think I'm pretty set in thinking the less vampire council, the better the episode. And happily, episode eight was pretty thin on the super-boring-riduclous-relgious-vampire-zealot thing. I get that they're going for some overarching theme about tolerance and prejudice and... stuff. But snooooooze.

Alexander Skarsgard and Stephen Moyer as Eric Northman and Bill Compton on True Blood S05E08 Somebody That I used to Know HBO Bill and Eric
Elsewhere though, the storylines were finally intersecting. And I need to declare my love for that Sam/Sam business. THAT is the kind of campy weirdness I watch True Blood for. (Not so much for naked goddesses rising from digital pools of blood on karaoke stages...) Sam Trammell's hip swivel when he was Luna as Sam was hilarious. And the scene in which Sam was caressing Sam's face... ah. I loved that. Crazyness. I'm chuckling just thinking about it.

Sam Trammell as Sam Merlotte True Blood S05E08 Somebody That I used to Know HBO Two Sams
I also rather enjoyed the Terry/Arlene/Layfayette thing. Because that's a logical thing for Arlene to do. And of course, Layfayette is the perfect person to confirm the existence of the lame-ass smoke monster. Speaking of Layfayette. His sewn up lips really skeeved me out. I'm glad they dispatched with that quickly. {{shiver}}

Tod Lowe as Terry Bellefleur on True Blood S05E08 Somebody That I used to Know HBO
And Jason. Jason has always been most serious when dealing with Sookie. Which sucks because it means Sookie has to be around. But despite his general ineptitude, he's a fantastic brother. Two episodes ago, his speech to Sookie about not letting her feel guilty for their parents' death, that was a lovely sentiment. And moments like that make it obvious that Jason is picking up on more than people assume.

Ryan Kwanten as Jason Stackhouse on True Blood S05E07  HBO Jason Stackhouse
This week, he had another lovely Sookie moment where he pointed out all the positive aspects of her supernatural ability. And in true Jason fashion, it was very sweet. She's got a piece of their parents with her always - why would she want to give that up? Insightful Jason wins again.

Ryan Kwanten as Jason Stackhouse on True Blood S05E07 Somebody That I Used To Know HBO Jason Stackhouse
And finally - Alcide! I would seriously love The Alcide Show. And as someone on twitter so eloquently put it, "Werewolf sex >>>>> Vampire sex" Hell. Yes. Plus - you know - he's a good guy with a big heart and he's all manly man awesomeness.

Joe Manganiello as Alcide Herveaux on True Blood Season Five In the Beginning Joe Manganiello Shirtless
Joe Manganiello as Alcide Herveaux on True Blood Season Five In the Beginning Joe Manganiello Shirtless
I can't say that I'm all about him and this other werewolf chick - I don't even remember her name - but she's probably a better fit than Sookie. At least she seems to be into him too. I mean - how could anyone not be?
Joe Manganiello as Alcide Herveaux on True Blood Season Five Somebody That I used To Know Joe Manganiello
It bums me out that he keeps loosing fights to that skinny packmaster twerp all because that guy's on V. When you look at the two of them side by side, it's a little nuts. I want to see Alice kick the crap out of him and be worshipped by one and all. Alcide apinoff please!

No comments:

Post a Comment