Thursday, November 8, 2012

American Horror Story Asylum: Kit Walker's Not Tate

So what is everyone thinking of Kit Walker? I've been trying to put my finger on why I'm not as engaged with this character as I was with Tate but I really don't have much of an answer. Like Tate, he may or may not be crazy. He may or may not be a killer. He's stuck in this one location, being head shrunk, and hooking up with a girl. And yet... maybe he just seems too stable? Weird, right? But he feels downright dependable. And super trustworthy. There's no danger there at all - even if he is a skinning, beheading psycho. Congrats, Ryan Murhy, total opposite of Tate, indeed. 

Evan Peters as Kit Walker on American Horror Story Season 2 Asylum S02E04 Evan Peters Asylum Kit Walker AHS I am Anne Frank Part 1
And I'm not really into him and Grace. Mostly because I don't really like Grace. I didn't adore Violet or anything, but it was a story about an innocent girl being drawn to the bad boy. That's just inherently fun.

Evan Peters as Kit Walker on American Horror Story Season 2 Asylum S02E04 Evan Peters Asylum Kit Walker AHS I am Anne Frank Part 1
It is angsty that Kit's worried he might be crazy. But that thing that came crawling out of his neck is fairly objective evidence that he's not crazy. At least for now.

Evan Peters as Kit Walker on American Horror Story Season 2 Asylum S02E04 Evan Peters Asylum Kit Walker AHS I am Anne Frank Part 1
And on a different show, that sex scene would have been the most awkward moment of the night. But on this show, it was only like #5.

Evan Peters as Kit Walker on American Horror Story Season 2 Asylum S02E04 Evan Peters Asylum Kit Walker AHS I am Anne Frank Part 1
Evan Peters as Kit Walker on American Horror Story Season 2 Asylum S02E04 Evan Peters Asylum Kit Walker AHS I am Anne Frank Part 1
And I don't think him and Grace would be able to hear each other through the walls. Just sayin.

Evan Peters as Kit Walker on American Horror Story Season 2 Asylum S02E04 Evan Peters Asylum Kit Walker AHS I am Anne Frank Part 1
I did like the crying to Sister Jude scene. I like crying. And I like that she felt the need to comfort him, because who wouldn't? But unlike last year, I don't feel compelled to try and work out what's really going on. Evan Peters with swirly 60s hair getting beaten and crying a lot is enough to make me watch. And screen-cap. A bit. But not quite enough to make me care.

I don't know. Am I missing the brilliance?

4 comments:

  1. I think Grace is this year's Tate. I really think she is manipulating him to make him question his sanity just to keep him there. She's said from the moment he got there to 'act crazy'. Yeah, I know partly to keep him from going to the electric chair but why would she care? Because she wants him and will stop at nothing to stay with him/keep him. Kinda the way Tate was with Violet. It might be true love and it might be just a psychopath manipulating the situation to her advantage. But I love me some Evan Peters and always look forward to seeing your screencaps!!! AND HOW CREEPY IS DR. THREDSON? HE GETS CREEPIER AND CREEPIER BY THE WEEK! I will say that my fave character so far though (love ya, Kit!) is Sister Mary Eunice. Lily Rabe is unbelievable. Loved her as Nora and now the possessed nun? NOW THAT IS BRILLIANT! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having the same trouble. Last season, your screen caps of Tate would make my heart jump into my throat. I thought it was Evan Peters I adored but, apparently, it was Tate. Not that he isn't still beautiful to watch as Kit, I just don't feel the same emotional investment in (or the same attraction to) this character. Of course, that could change as the story progresses, and Evan Peters is still an incredible actor. At any rate, I hope that next season, whoever his character is, he's blond again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both Kit and Tate. I'm drawn to both characters. Evan Peters plays them both perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think that tate and kit and kyle are all fucking great he is the best thing ever. hes perfect fitting in each season and i absolutely love how they reuse characters playing similar roles i just think the whole series is amazing. I also think that in some way they are all going to be connected at the end. In season two asylum at the beginning it mentioned the asylum being one of the 12 most haunted places right, well maybe each season will take place in one of these haunted places then at the end it will some how all tie together."If you look in the face of evil, evils gunna look right back at you"

    ReplyDelete