Monday, December 10, 2012

The Vampire Diaries: Elena's Sired To Damon Part 1

I've been gone for sooo long! I'm such a bad blog haver. But people have been leaving some nice comments on the American Horror Story posts - so I figured it was time to come back. I'll get to the insanity that is AHS soon - but I can't can't can't ignore the twisted sexy Delena stuff Vampire Diaries has been doing. 

Nina Dobrev Ian Somerhalder Elena Gilbert Damon Salvatore The Vampire Diaries My Brother's Keeper Season Four Delena Elena sired to Damon Delena sex 
So. First Elena and Stefan broke up. And that sort of bugged me because it felt forced. Like they were thinking, okay, we've had enough of the Elena/Stefan side of the triangle for a while. Let's switch sides. And it especially bothered me that Stefan was the one to do it. Like - Elena doesn't have enough going on with the whole being a vampire/her brother wants to kill her/her surrogate dad is dead thing, he has to add that. It just felt inconsistent with the boringly-dependable Stefan they've always written. In hindsight, it would have made more sense if Elena had flat out dumped Stefan. But that's not really what happened.

Nina Dobrev Ian Somerhalder Elena Gilbert Damon Salvatore The Vampire Diaries My Brother's Keeper Season Four Delena Elena sired to Damon Delena sex
Whatever. Who really cares how much sense it makes if it means Delena fun? So Damon and Elena run into each other at The Miss Mystic Falls ball pageant thing - because ball pageant things are still really important - and Elena tells Damon that he's the reason her and Stefan broke up. I loved this moment. This was probably my most favorite moment of this whole little storyline so far. Because, as I've said dozens of times, Ian Somerhalder gives good face. His hopeful sort of are you screwing with me face was totally adorbs. Adorbs enough for me to use the word adorbs.

Nina Dobrev Ian Somerhalder Elena Gilbert Damon Salvatore The Vampire Diaries My Brother's Keeper Season Four Delena Elena sired to Damon Delena sex
Of course they're interrupted. So it's not until the final scene of the episode that we get to see them discuss this whole Elena finally chooses Damon over Stefan business. Cue the Ed Sheeran.

Nina Dobrev Ian Somerhalder Elena Gilbert Damon Salvatore The Vampire Diaries My Brother's Keeper Season Four Delena Elena sired to Damon Delena sex
Elena and Damon share a nice, romantic, vertical dance. It's adorable. Meanwhile, Steafan and Caroline - who is TOTALLY team Stefan - are having a little chat of their own. Caroline's practically beside herself with frustration that Elena and Stefan broke up. Which I found amusing. I really do sort of ship Caroline and Stefan. I mean - Caroline and Klaus is fun too - more on that soon - but I think Caroline and Tyler have become my least favorite Caroline option. Mostly because Tyler's only fun when he's tortured and scared. And that hasn't happened since, like, season two? Anyway... I digress.

Nina Dobrev Ian Somerhalder Elena Gilbert Damon Salvatore The Vampire Diaries My Brother's Keeper Season Four Delena Elena sired to Damon Delena sex
Nina Dobrev Ian Somerhalder Elena Gilbert Damon Salvatore The Vampire Diaries My Brother's Keeper Season Four Delena Elena sired to Damon Delena sex
Nina Dobrev Ian Somerhalder Elena Gilbert Damon Salvatore The Vampire Diaries My Brother's Keeper Season Four Delena Elena sired to Damon Delena sex
While Damon and Elena continue dancing and making out to Kiss Me, Stefan and Caroline continue playing Sherlock to Kiss Me. The music is definitely far better suited for the Delena half of the montage, but whatevs.

Nina Dobrev Ian Somerhalder Elena Gilbert Damon Salvatore The Vampire Diaries My Brother's Keeper Season Four Delena Elena sired to Damon Delena sex
Nina Dobrev Ian Somerhalder Elena Gilbert Damon Salvatore The Vampire Diaries My Brother's Keeper Season Four Delena Elena sired to Damon Delena sex
Nina Dobrev Ian Somerhalder Elena Gilbert Damon Salvatore The Vampire Diaries My Brother's Keeper Season Four Delena Elena sired to Damon Delena sex
Yeah - there's some super speedy vampire foreplay. I can dig it.

Nina Dobrev Ian Somerhalder Elena Gilbert Damon Salvatore The Vampire Diaries My Brother's Keeper Season Four Delena Elena sired to Damon Delena sex
And then finally finally finally after four years of Stefan Stefan Stefan boring boring boring - Delena!! Like FOR REALZ. With a Z. There's the tiny hiccup of Elena being sired to Damon - but come on. I'll pay you to sire me to Damon. Is this really a problem? Screw free will!

Nina Dobrev Ian Somerhalder Elena Gilbert Damon Salvatore The Vampire Diaries My Brother's Keeper Season Four Delena Elena sired to Damon Delena sex
They get into this in the next episode - but it is super angsty that as soon as Damon gets what he wants, he learns it's got this layer of falseness to it. Like he hasn't actually been chosen over Steffan. Like he's cheating in some way. I do really wish they'd give them more than one scene of happiness. Like - I'm not asking for the moon here. Just one full episode of Elena and Damon happily a little happy couple.  Just ONE. Come on!

Anyway. So that's that. Elena and Damon have hooked up. A good time was had by all. Next! Tackling the siring issue during World War II. Because they want to stick Ian Somerhalder in a uniform. I see your true motives, TVD. And I don't mind one bit.

3 comments:

  1. So wittily written! I even laughed out loud. And YES! Eventually. Stefan really IS boring. Goody goody and there is no wild sparkin him. I'm a screaming fangirl of Delena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha you're hilarious this made me smile and laugh at the same time lmao everything you said i agree with! You're awesome #delenaforever

    ReplyDelete